Fraunhofer ILT Laser Technology Congress cancelled, next edition to take place in 2022
April 6, 2020
Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology (ILT), Aachen, Germany, has announced that AKL’20, the International Laser Technology Congress, which was recently postponed due to the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), has now been cancelled. The next edition of the event will take place from May 4–6, 2022, maintaining its biennial schedule.
AKL’22 is expected to follow the proven structure of previous years and will bring together laser manufacturers and laser users from different industries. One day of the conference will be dedicated to parallel forums with future-oriented topics; for example on Additive Manufacturing, process monitoring & AI, and laser technology solutions in quantum technology.
The conference, with parallel sessions on beam source development and laser material processing, as well as the accompanying Sponsors’ Exhibition, will reportedly give attendees the opportunity to learn about the latest status and current trends in laser technology and to exchange information with ILT specialists in depth.
In addition to rescheduling the conference, Fraunhofer ILT intends to open its doors as early as Autumn 2020 and in 2021 for various planned symposia in Aachen. The events will focus on a range of topics from Additive Manufacturing and thin-film processes, ultrashort pulse technologies and digitalisation, to innovative beam sources for metrology, production engineering and quantum technology.
The following conferences, meetings and workshops are scheduled:
- 4th Conference on Laser Polishing LaP, from September 16–17, 2020
- AMTC4 – The Technology Conference on Additive Manufacturing, from October 20–22, 2020
- 2nd AI for Laser Technology Conference, from November 4–5, 2020
- 3rd Laser Symposium Electromobility – LSE’21, from January 19–20, 2021
- 6th ICTM Conference for Turbomachinery Manufacturing, from February 24–25, 2021
- 6th UKP-Workshop: Ultrafast Laser Technology, from April 21–22, 2021