Additive Manufacturing software provider VoxelDance, Shanghai, China, has announced the upcoming release of its Voxeldance Additive 4.0, the latest version of its Additive Manufacturing build preparation software. The software is reported to fully support Laser Beam Powder Bed Fusion (PBF-LB) technologies.
“After listening to the needs of clients from nine plus verticals – including aerospace, medical, automotive, mould, footwear, dental, education, jewellery, prototype, etc. – we introduced more exciting new features and further optimised the algorithm,” stated Chaoxin Zhang, CEO at VoxelDance.
Feature highlights of Voxeldance Additive 4.0 include:
- Shrink Wrap can calculate and wrap a layer around the part, ignoring its inner structure. It is widely used in industries where data can have very complex errors and can’t be automatically fixed
- Mesh Smooth can help remove sharp details from topology-based mesh or scan data and return a more appealing geometry for Additive Manufacturing
- Tree support can save more material compared to others like bar support and is widely used in dentistry and jewellery
- Web support is a radial-structured support type. In PBF-LB Additive Manufacturing, web support can better constrain the shrinkage of ring-shaped surfaces and prevent part deformation, compared to volume support and other support types
- Border reinforcement helps provide stronger support restraint, enabling a part to be held stable on the base plate prior to stress relief annealing, thereby improving build success rate
- BP Special Volume allows users to assign special volume, and configure different laser scanning strategies where it intersects the part, allowing the build quality to be improved
Voxeldance Additive 4.0 will be released in October this year. Those interested can apply for a free trial on the company’s site.