Special Insight in Metallic Powder Characterisation workshop
February 9, 2021
The International Virtual Academy, INVIRTA, is hosting a new online workshop that will focus on metal powders for Additive Manufacturing. Part of a series dedicated to powder materials, ‘Special Insight in Metallic Powder Characterisation’ will take place on February 23, 2021.
The shape, composition, morphology, porosity, particle size distribution, moisture, flowability of powder materials – key features for many processes, including AM, Metal Injection Moulding (MIM), and thermal spraying – will be addressed and reviewed by academic and industrial leaders. They will deliver a comprehensive approach to metal powder characterisation.
- Surface chemistry of metal powder and its changes during powder bed fusion processing
Prof Eduard Hryha, Chalmers University of Technology, Göteberg, Sweden
- Metal AM powders and moisture in the room
Dr Peter Moir, Relequa
- Power purity and influence of foreign particles on the component quality
Max Horn, Fraunhofer IGCV
- Measuring and understanding powder flow and powder behaviour
Jamie Clayton, Freeman Technology
- How to link powder rheology to actual spreadability in a powder bed based AM process
Dr Aurelien Neveu
- Analytics of Metallics Powders for AM – an Overview
Claus Aumund-Kopp, Fraunhofer IFAM
During the workshop there will be time allotted for discussion, helping to foster engagement between the attendees and speakers. Early-bird registration is available until February 12, 2021.
More information and registration for the workshop.