Registration is now open for the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)’s network for Holistic Innovation in Additive Manufacturing (HI-AM) 4th conference. HI-AM Conference 2021 will take place from June 1–2, and will, once again, be delivered online due to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The HI-AM Conference is reported to be the only academic conference in Canada focused exclusively on metal Additive Manufacturing. The 2021 event is expected to attract over 500 participants, including AM experts and decision makers from academia, research institutes, industry and government.
The event provides a platform for the presentation of recent R&D advancements in the field of metal AM under four research themes: material development, advanced process modelling, process monitoring and control, and innovative AM processes/products.
HI-AM Conference 2021 will feature the following keynote speakers:
- Simon Hoeges, Director Technology & Manufacturing Engineering – GKN Additive
- Anthony Rollett, Professor, Materials Science & Engineering – Carnegie Mellon University
- Christopher Williams, Professor, Mechanical Engineering – Virginia Tech
- Michael Schmidt, Head of Institute of Photonic Technologies – Friedrich–Alexander University Erlangen–Nürnberg
- Michael Sealy, Professor, Mechanical & Materials Engineering – University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Attending the online conference is free of charge but does require registration.
Further information is available via the event website.