MPIF offers time-limited access to on-demand Powder Injection Moulding tutorial
August 7, 2020
The Metal Powder Industries Federation is offering a virtual on-demand Powder Injection Moluding tutorial, conducted by Dr Randall M German, FAPMI. Dr German is one of the most recognised authorities on Metal Injection Moulding (MIM) and Ceramic Injection Moulding (CIM) and in this six-hour tutorial, recorded in 2018, he provides an in-depth review of the technologies.
The tutorial will be released in four separate videos, comprising Part 1: Introduction, Materials and Binders (2 hours), Part 2: Injection Molding, Debinding and Sintering (2 hours), Part 3: PIM Part Design, Cost and Facilities (1 hour), and Part 4: Overview of PIM Markets and Opportunities (1 Hour).
The tutorial includes:
- An introduction to the manufacturing processes: feedstocks, moulding, debinding, sintering, and finishing
- A definition of what constitutes a viable PIM component and selection of materials based on the components expectations and required properties
- An assessment of the critical features of dimensional accuracy and material performance
- A comparison of PIM to competing technologies
- A review of the advantages of PIM
- A look at new applications, emerging markets, and examples of products never thought possible in net shape manufacturing before PIM.
These topics are of high relevance to all in the Powder Injection Moulding industry, as well as to those looking to take advantage of proven MIM expertise in the emerging sinter-based Additive Manufacturing industry, where technologies such as Binder Jetting (BJT) and Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) share much in common in terms of their design requirements, advantages and process steps with Metal Injection Moulding.
The on-demand tutorial videos will be available from September 15–17, 2020. Registration is available at discounted rates for MPIF and APMI members, and at an early-bird rate until August 14. Discounts are also available for multiple registrations from the same organisation.
As a bonus, each registrant will receive electronic copies of Metal Injection Molding-A Comprehensive MIM Design Guide, Injection Molding of Metals and Ceramics, and the MPIF Standard 35-MIM 2018 Edition Materials Standards for Metal Injection Molded Parts.
For registration click here.