Mesago Messe Frankfurt GmbH, Stuttgart, Germany, has announced the winners of the Formnext Start-up Challenge 2019. The winning companies represent a range of industrial Additive Manufacturing innovations, including software and simulation solutions for more efficient AM. The winners will present their innovations in the Start-Up Area of Formnext 2019 in Frankfurt, Germany, November 19-22.
The Formnext Start-up Challenge is awarded to companies founded within the last five years, and is organised in cooperation with UnternehmerTUM. The judging panel consists of representatives from the fields of industry, science, media and investment.
The official award ceremony will be held on November 19, with the five winners receiving trophies sponsored by Voxeljet. The prizewinners will also be rewarded with a range of services designed to enable their further success, including a free, fully-equipped exhibition booth.
The winners of the Formnext Start-up Challenge 2019 include:
- AdditiveLab, Belgium, a developer of simulation software for metal Additive Manufacturing.
- Exponential Technologies Ltd, Latvia, which develops new materials and software to automatically determine the most suitable machine configurations for AM and other technologies
- Glassomer, Germany, a glass Additive Manufacturing company
- LMI – Laser Melting Innovations, the producer of a low-cost metal AM system targeted at small- to medium-sized enterprises
- Spectroplast, Switzerland, a specialist in silicone AM
Sascha F Wenzler, Vice President for Formnext at Mesago Messe Frankfurt, stated, “The high quality of innovation, specialisation, and industrial focus of the winners shows that the international start-up scene is also evolving and that the Formnext Start-up Challenge offers a globally acclaimed platform for sharing ideas and finding customers, partners, and investors.”