EPMA’s Additive Manufacturing with Steel Part 2 – course literature available for free
February 22, 2021
The European Metallurgy Association (EPMA) has released a new batch of course literature from its ‘Additive Manufacturing with Steel Feedstock’ seminar, organised under the EU-funded SAM project (Sector Skills Strategy in Additive Manufacture).
The released media will provide a thorough introduction to materials, with a focus on different types of steel feedstocks for AM production.
The media will cover the following topics:
- The effects of micro-alloying, relating grain refinement to mechanical properties
- AM conditions for a certain part taking into account the material ability for AM
- Carbon equivalent (CE), t 8/5 concept and preheating temperature
- Hardenability and maximum cooling rate
- Types of heat treatments requirements for a certain part, inferring the heat treatment conditions (depending of the shape and size of the part, the application and the code).
Course videos, part 2 (videos from part 1 are available here)
Full PDF slides are available for download through the EPMA.