America Makes, Youngstown, Ohio, USA, will host its Technical Review & Exchange (TRX) event from March 3–4, 2020, at the Center for Infrastructure Renewal (CIR) at Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas. This year’s event is being held in collaboration with the Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES), a part of The Texas A&M University System.
The TRX aims to promote open and active discussion between the event’s speakers and the attendees on critical issues impacting the adoption of Additive Manufacturing in the USA. The following keynote speakers have been confirmed for the event:
- Rob Gold, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense R&E, Director Technology & Manufacturing Industrial Base – Advanced Manufacturing Needs for Hypersonics
- Dr M Katherine Banks, Vice Chancellor of Engineering and National Laboratories, Texas A&M System, Dean of Engineering, Texas A&M University and Director, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station
- Paul Bates, UL – Safety for Additive Manufacturing
- Barron Bichon, Southwest Research Institute
- Carl Duckett, Integration Innovation, Inc.
- Mark Benedict, Ph.D., AFRL – AM Producibility Development for Hypersonics Relevant Hardware
- Jan Bremer, Fraunhofer – Robotic (hybrid-) Additive Manufacturing and the Influence of Limited Path Accuracy
- Micah Green, Ph.D., Texas A&M – Radio Frequency Heating of Carbon Nanocomposite Materials for Additive Manufacturing
- Yan Lu, NIST – Toward Sharable Data Ecosystems for Accelerating Additive Manufactured Part Development and Deployment
- Roxanne Warren and Janet Kar, Link3D
- Alaa Elwany, Ph.D., Texas A&M – Printability of New Alloys in Metal Additive Manufacturing
- Dennis Butcher, Ph.D., AFRL – Industry Day Announcement
Managed by the USA’s National Center for Defense Manufacturing and Machining (NCDMM), America Makes is the national accelerator for AM and the first institute within the Manufacturing USA network. As a public-private partnership, it currently has a membership community comprised of approximately 220 member organisations from government, industry, and academia.
Further information and registration details are available via the event website.