The Association for Manufacturing Technology (AMT), organiser of the International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS) taking place in Chicago, Illinois, USA, September 12-17, 2016, has announced that registration is now open for the accompanying IMTS 2016 Conference. The IMTS 2016 Conference runs for four days during IMTS, from September 12 – 15 and includes nearly 70 individual conference sessions.
The IMTS 2016 Conference focuses on five topic tracks featuring a variety of industry specific sessions:
- Process Innovations: New Materials, R&D, Composites, Tooling/Workholding, General Cutting, Grinding
- Alternative Manufacturing: Additive/3D Printing, EDM, Waterjet, Laser, Fastening/Joining, Welding
- Plant Operations: Energy Efficiency, Lean Manufacturing, Cost Justification, Training/Workforce, Government Initiatives, Lifecycle Management
- Automation: CAD/CAM, Connectivity, Motion Control, Robotics, Software, Vision Systems
- Quality: Measurement, Testing, Inspection, Standards, Optical/3D
“These conferences provide opportunities to stay on the leading edge of technology, a core mission of IMTS,” stated Peter R Eelman, Vice President – Exhibitions & Business Development, AMT. “Presentations from thought leaders in many different disciplines inspire new ways to transform your business, whether that’s learning how to implement Industry 4.0 practices or improving results in a specific work cell.”
IMTS also hosts eight additional educational conferences that focus on specific technologies:
- Additive Manufacturing (Sept. 13-14),
- EOS North American User Day (Sept. 14),
- Fluid Power (Sept. 14),
- Industrial Laser (Sept. 13),
- Integrated Industries (Sept. 13),
- Global Automation & Manufacturing Summit (Sept. 14),
- OPC Foundation (Sept. 15)
- TRAM Aerospace (Sept. 14-15).
The Additive Manufacturing Conference covers processes, applications and materials and provides practical knowledge on how to implement them in a manufacturing facility. Topics include light-weighting, robotic Additive Manufacturing, combining additive and subtractive manufacturing, software and automation.
The conference will consist of a day and a half of programming dedicated to the processes, applications, materials and specifications that are unique to Additive Manufacturing. The goal of the conference is to help attendees understand when (and if) AM could be utilised and how it should be implemented within a traditional manufacturing facility.
The EOS North American User Day is open to both EOS customers and all attendees of IMTS. Attendees will learn about the latest developments in industrial 3D printing/Additive Manufacturing, including direct metal laser-sintering and plastics laser-sintering directly from EOS and its customers and partners.
The Industrial Laser Conference discusses how to incorporate lasers into the manufacturing processes to stay competitive in the current high-tech market. It will cover industrial applications of lasers, such as: Additive Manufacturing, Cutting, Welding, Marking and more. Most importantly, the conference will show how to apply lasers to increase profit & efficiency.