The NextManufacturing Center at Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennyslvania, USA, will host a symposium and poster session at Rapid + TCT on Wednesday, May 10, 2017. The symposium and poster session are designed to promote discussion about Additive Manufacturing technology and foster collaboration between industry, government and non-profit sectors.
Titled “Building Regional Leadership in Additive Manufacturing”, the event will highlight the strength of Additive Manufacturing in the region, showcasing presentations from AM pioneers from Carnegie Mellon and other Pennsylvania universities, from global companies headquartered in Southwestern Pennsylvania, and from regional non-profits.
Presentation speakers will include:
- Dr Kirk Rogers, Technology Leader at GE’s Center for Additive Technology Advancement
- David Conover, Chief Technologist of Mechanical Products, ANSYS
- Dr John Barnes, Vice President of Advanced Manufacturing & Strategy, Arconic
- Brian Morrison, Business Manager/Additive Team Leader, ATI Powder Metals
- Petra Mitchell, President and CEO, Catalyst Connection
- Ralph Resnick. Founding Director, America Makes; President and Executive Director, NCDMM
- Dr Jack Beuth, NextManufacturing Center Director; Professor of Mechanical Engineering, CMU
- Dr Anthony Rollett, NextManufacturing Center Associate Director; Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, CMU
- Dr Timothy Simpson, CIMP-3D; Professor of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering, Penn State University
- Dr Markus Chmielus, Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Material Science, University of Pittsburgh
The symposium will take place from 10:00AM–4:15PM, followed by the poster session from 5:00PM-6:00PM.