Additive Manufacturing Austria (AM Austria), a non-profit technology platform which promotes and supports the Austrian Additive Manufacturing industry, reports that it has established a contact point to coordinate between supply bottlenecks and existing AM resources in response to the delivery and supply implications caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19). AM Austria is now offering coordinated access to the local resources and competences of its members to counter these issues.
The focus of the offer is on mediation in the area of spare parts procurement for biomedical products and devices, and includes the following assistance:
- Coordination of inquiries via AM Austria
- Access to the network of AM Austria, consisting of equipment and material manufacturers, users and service providers for Additive Manufacturing, CAD designers and specialists for the selection of suitable AM technologies
- Measurement of existing and possibly defective components
- Generation of CAD data according to the provided componentsSelection and provision of different materials. Advice on applicability in specific applications
- Provision of Additive Manufacturing capacities, including post-processing of parts
- Estimation of delivery times and feasible series sizes
AM Austria explains that, to ensure prompt and professional assistance, it asks for detailed enquiries to include the following minimum information: the contact person of the requesting organisation, a short and concrete description of the problem, provision of photos and/or sample parts to be additively manufacture, and information about the required quantities and required delivery times.
Enquiries from the appropriate bodies, such as healthcare institutes, are invited at [email protected].