Moog announces investment in Linear Mold and Engineering

December 8, 2015

Moog Inc., a global precision control components and systems manufacturer headquartered in East Aurora, New York, USA, has announced an investment in Additive Manufacturing with the acquisition of 70% ownership of Linear Mold and Engineering. Terms of the investment were not disclosed, but the company has an option to acquire the remaining 30%.

linear

Linear Mold and Engineering, based in Livonia, Michigan, USA, has 120 employees and specialises in metal Additive Manufacturing. Linear provides engineering, manufacturing and production consulting services to customers across a wide range of industries including aerospace, defence, energy and industrial. Sales for the 12 months ended September 2015 were approximately $21 million.

The company was founded by John Tenbusch in 2003 as a service-focused business and began developing specialised moulds and tooling for plastic forming applications. As one of the early adopters of metal Additive Manufacturing in North America, the company was able to exploit the advantages it offered for enhanced product feature sets, rapid design cycles and high customisation.

“We are excited to welcome Linear to Moog,” stated Sean Gartland, Vice President of Strategic Growth Initiatives at Moog. “We see significant potential for metal additive solutions in our core markets – aerospace, defence and industrial applications – in addition to the markets and customers that Linear is already serving.”

Moog’s high-performance systems control military and commercial aircraft, satellites and space vehicles, launch vehicles, missiles, automated industrial machinery, wind turbines, marine and medical equipment.

www.moog.com  

www.linearmold.com   

Metal AM magazine Summer 2022

In the latest issue of Metal AM magazine

Download PDF
 

Extensive AM industry news coverage, as well as the following exclusive deep-dive articles:

  • Transforming access to medical implants with PrinterPrezz
  • Lessons from 2021’s Olympic bike crash
  • Xerox liquid metal AM
  • Additive Manufacturing for oil, gas and maritime
  • Multi-material metal parts by Powder Bed Fusion
  • Findings from Wohlers Report 2022
  • The challenge of grain size: X-ray powder diffraction analysis of parts made by metal AM

The world of metal AM to your inbox

Don't miss any new issue of Metal AM magazine, and get the latest industry news. Sign up to our twice weekly newsletter.

Sign up

News from the industry…

    News from the industry…

    Discover our magazine archive…

    The free to access Metal Additive Manufacturing magazine archive offers unparalleled insight into the world of metal Additive Manufacturing from a commercial and technological perspective through:

    • Reports on visits to leading metal AM part manufacturers and industry suppliers
    • Articles on technology and application trends
    • Information on materials developments
    • Reviews of key technical presentations from the international conference circuit
    • International industry news

    All past issues are available to download as free PDFs or view in your browser.

    Browse the archive

    qweqw

    Looking for AM machines, metal powders or part manufacturing services?

    Discover suppliers of these and more in our comprehensive advertisers’ index and buyer’s guide, available in the back of Metal AM magazine.

    • AM machines
    • Process monitoring & calibration
    • Heat treatment & sintering
    • HIP systems & services
    • Pre- & post-processing technology
    • Powders, powder production and analysis
    • Part manufacturers
    • Consulting, training & market data
    Download PDF
    Share via
    Copy link
    Powered by Social Snap