MAPP, the UK’s Future Manufacturing Hub in Manufacture using Advanced Powder Processes, has announced it will host its first international conference in Sheffield, UK, January 30 – 31, 2018. The two day event will bring together world leading experts in particulate and powder science.
The conference will focus on three themes: In-situ process and performance characterisation; advanced characterisation; and modelling, optimisation and control. Featured keynote speakers include:
- Carolin Körner, Professor of Materials Science and Engineering for Metals, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nurnberg
- Javier Llorca, Professor of Materials, IMDEA Materials Institute, Madrid
- Jin Ooi, Professor of Particulate Solid Mechanics, University of Edinburgh
- Tresa Pollock, Professor of Materials, University of California
- Barbara Previtali, Professor of Manufacturing and Production Systems, Politecnico di Milano
- Fabrice Rossignol, Professor, Ceramic Processes, French National Centre for Scientific Research
The organisers are now accepting applications for presentations and posters. The deadline for abstract submissions is 29th September 2017.
MAPP states that its vision is to deliver on the promise of powder-based manufacturing processes to provide low energy, low cost and low waste high value manufacturing routes and products to secure UK manufacturing productivity and growth.
Led by the University of Sheffield, MAPP brings together leading research teams from the Universities of Leeds, Manchester and Oxford, and Imperial College London, together with an initial group of 17 industry partners and six of the UK’s High Value Manufacturing Catapult (HVMC) centres. MAPP is funded by the UK’s Engineering and Physical Science Research Council (EPSRC).