The European Powder Metallurgy Association (EPMA) has made available the full course literature from the recent ‘Additive Manufacturing with Nickel Feedstock’ seminar. Organised under the EU-funded SAM project (Sector Skills Strategy in Additive Manufacturing), the video presentations and PDF slides can be downloaded and watched for free.
The presentations provide a thorough introduction to processing materials containing nickel, with a focus on different types of nickel as feedstock for producing AM parts.
The course literature covers the following topics:
- Nickel processability with AM
- Main causes of cracking and how to avoid them
- Types and goals of heat treatment techniques
- Interpreting the processability with AM for each alloy with different AM processes and feedstock
- The applications, recommending processing parameters and shielding gases to achieve quality requirements for a specific part
- Recommended methods to avoid cracking phenomena and solid-state micro fissures, providing alternatives where necessary
The video presentations can be accessed here: