Additive Manufacturing with nickel course literature available for free
January 28, 2021
The European Powder Metallurgy Association (EPMA) has made available the full course literature from the recent ‘Additive Manufacturing with Nickel Feedstock’ seminar. Organised under the EU-funded SAM project (Sector Skills Strategy in Additive Manufacturing), the video presentations and PDF slides can be downloaded and watched for free.
The presentations provide a thorough introduction to processing materials containing nickel, with a focus on different types of nickel as feedstock for producing AM parts.
The course literature covers the following topics:
- Nickel processability with AM
- Main causes of cracking and how to avoid them
- Types and goals of heat treatment techniques
- Interpreting the processability with AM for each alloy with different AM processes and feedstock
- The applications, recommending processing parameters and shielding gases to achieve quality requirements for a specific part
- Recommended methods to avoid cracking phenomena and solid-state micro fissures, providing alternatives where necessary
The video presentations can be accessed here:
Video presentation (Dr Caner Simsir)
Video presentation Dr Ozgur Poyraz)
Video presentation (Dr Evren Yasa)
Full PDF slides can be downloaded from the EPMA