The Additive Manufacturing for Aerospace and Space Forum, organised by the International Quality and Productivity Center (IQPC), will be held from February 26–28, 2019, at the Hilton Wembley, London, UK. The event will be chaired by Paul Evans, Head of Manufacturing Technologies and Process, Airbus Group, and Jason Gilmore, New Product and R&D Technical Lead, Airbus Defence & Space. Airbus Defence & Space will also host attendees for a site visit to its Space Systems facility and the European Space Agency’s ExoMars Rover Test Yard.
The conference is designed to offer a platform to tackle the roadblocks of industrial digitisation and ensure the industry benefits from opportunities offered by high-value manufacturing, both internationally and in the UK.
The current list of confirmed speakers is as follows:
- Dr Paul Unwin, Chairman, UK Additive Manufacturing Strategy Steering Group
- Steven Catt, AM Technical Lead, Thales UK
- Advenit Makaya, Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, European Space Agency
- Dr Rob Scudamore, Vice Chair AM UK & Associate Director, Group Manager – Joining Technologies, Additive Manufacturing, TWI
- Andy Schofield, Manufacturing & Materials Strategy and Technology Director, BAE Systems – Air
- Richard Minter, Chief Expert – Airframe, European Aviation Safety Agency
- Sébastien Messé, Additive Manufacturing Chief Engineer, Safran Landing Systems
- Dr Katy Milne, Chief Engineer – DRAMA , Digital Engineering Group, Manufacturing Technology Centre
- Claude Sarno, Head of Packaging Design Office, Thales Avionics
Further information on the conference agenda and registration details are available via the forum website. Registration is available at early-bird discounted rates until December 15, 2018.