Stratasys Ltd has announced the completion of the sale of its Stratasys Direct, Inc, facility in Austin, Texas, USA, to Cumberland Additive, Inc, Plugerville, Texas.
Stratasys Direct is the company’s on-demand parts service bureau. The sale of the metal AM facility in Austin comes after the August sale of the Stratasys Direct urethane facilities. This decision, coupled with operational transformation efforts initiated in early 2023, aims to improve focus, accountability, internal efficiency, and customer responsiveness, all while enhancing profitability.
THE WORLD OF METAL AM TO YOUR INBOX
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
This transformation positions the Stratasys Direct parts business to:
- Showcase the use of Stratasys solutions for production-scale Additive Manufacturing.
- Provide value to customers through cross-sell and capacity extension
- Focus Stratasys Direct expertise on providing the correct solutions for customer applications, regardless of technology
- Contribute growth and accretive income by leveraging technology and industry expertise
- Accelerate development of Stratasys’ manufacturing solutions portfolio
“We are focusing Stratasys Direct to maximise synergies with our market-leading Additive Manufacturing business,” shared Gurvinder Kahlon, General Manager and VP, Stratasys Direct Manufacturing. “Stratasys Direct has best-in-class technology, deep expertise, and focused management teams that are poised to deliver strong results for our customers and help them achieve their manufacturing needs.”