AMFG Corp, Austin, Texas, USA, has announced it is partnering with Impac Additive 3D, a Texas-based subsidiary of Impac Systems Engineering, to simplify and streamline the process of ordering parts, projects, and consumer goods through a direct-to-consumer model.
Impac Additive is a professional engineering services firm dedicated to producing high-quality AM parts for a diverse range of customers. The company is experienced in handling all projects from idea, to design, to simulation, to prototyping, and then to fabrication, assembly, and production.
THE WORLD OF METAL AM TO YOUR INBOX
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
The direct-to-consumer model has gained significant popularity as companies seek to provide tailored, on-demand manufacturing solutions. The partnership with AMFG will introduce state-of-the-art software solutions designed to improve the entire customer journey, from initial design and ordering to production and delivery.
“Our collaboration with AMFG is an exciting leap forward for Impac Additive,” stated Aaron Rawls, Lab Manager of Impac Additive. “By integrating their advanced automation and workflow management software, we are reinforcing our commitment to delivering the best direct-to-consumer experience in Additive Manufacturing.”
This collaboration will enable Impac Additive to provide a range of benefits to its customers, including:
- Simplified ordering process: AMFG’s workflow management software will enable customers to submit their design files and specifications, making the ordering process more straightforward
- Customisation and personalisation: Impac Additive will elevate its customisation options, allowing customers to personalise their parts and projects to a higher degree
- Streamlined production: Through automation and workflow optimisation, AMFG’s software is expected enhance the efficiency and precision of the manufacturing process, enabling faster production times while maintaining high quality
- Real-time order tracking: Customers will gain access to real-time order tracking, allowing them to monitor the progress of their projects from production to delivery
- Expanded product offerings: This partnership will facilitate the introduction of an even broader range of consumer goods, ensuring that Impac Additive’s customers have access to a wider selection of AM products and parts
Rawls added, “Our customers will benefit from enhanced customisation, efficiency, and transparency throughout the ordering process, ensuring that they receive the high-quality 3D printed products they need, quickly and conveniently.”
“We saw 29% growth last quarter from the previous quarter and a big part of that comes from the ability to efficiently manage the volume of orders we are receiving, thanks to the software solution AMFG provided,” he concluded.
Robert Steele, AMFG Technical Consultant, stated, “Impac Solutions Innovative 3D printing service is an innovative way to make use of the skillset and high-quality machines they have at their disposal. Furthermore, their streamlined onboarding process has enabled them to begin this new venture with ample room for scaling. Aaron and I collaborated closely together on this project. It was really interesting seeing how they adapted the AMFG system to fit around their new workflow.”
This partnership between Impac Systems Additive and AMFG is said to underscore the companies’ shared goal of transforming and elevating the direct-to-consumer Additive Manufacturing model. Both companies aim to providing innovative solutions that empower customers, support their unique needs, and facilitate the efficient delivery of customised parts, projects, and consumer goods.