The first international VDI Conference ‘Additive Manufacturing’ will take place in Amsterdam on April 25-26, 2018. According to the event organisers, the conference will provide a cross-industry platform, encouraging knowledge transfer between participants and enhancing discussions about the impacts and strategic questions of the technology.
With presentations from internationally renowned experts, the first international VDI Conference ‘Additive Manufacturing’ will include the following topics:
- From hype to reality: Chances, challenges and limitations of Additive Manufacturing as a global technology
- Production of the future: Additive Manufacturing in the context of industrialisation and digitalisation
- How Additive Manufacturing is changing process supply and value chains
- Additive Manufacturing on the way to serial production
- How Additive Manufacturing impacts business models
- Economic, legal and social aspects of Additive Manufacturing
- Innovative use cases
In addition to the conference there is also an international workshop ‘The Additive Manufacturing Landscape’, with a focus on key sector applications, standards, regulations and sources of project funding.
Delegates will also have the opportunity to visit the MX3D facility in Amsterdam. Here they will discover more about the company’s projects, such as printing a fully functional stainless steel bridge to cross one of the most famous canals in the centre of Amsterdam.
Participants of the Additive Manufacturing conference will also be able to attend the parallel international VDI conference ‘Simulation in Automotive Lightweight Engineering’ at no additional cost.