Additive Manufacturing European Conference III
June 7, 2017
June 7, 2017
European Parliament, Brussels , Belgium
Additive Manufacturing European Conference European Parliament, Brussels
Boosting the competitiveness of the European industry by
supporting the adoption of additive manufacturing
7 June 2017, 14.00 – 18.00
Event hosted by Anthea McIntyre (ECR)
and Cora van Nieuwenhuizen (ALDE),
Members of the European Parliament
Otherwise known as 3D printing, additive manufacturing is set to become one of the next most important disruptive technologies. Freedom in the design of parts, minimization of waste in production and reduction of inventory costs are just some of its key advantages at industrial level. Europe has a strong know-how in additive production/3D printing solutions. But it needs to overcome a series of policy and market challenges to bring this technology into the industrial mainstream.
What is holding down the growth of additive manufacturing? What can the EU do to unleash the full power of this technology? AMEC will gather together industry leaders and senior policy-makers to focus on barriers for the industrialization of additive manufacturing and discuss measures to bring them down. Download last edition’s takeaways here.
Untangling the path to industrialize additive manufacturing: Where do we stand today and what’s the EU role in tackling technological and regulatory challenges?
- Mr. Jean-Camille Uring – CECIMO Immediate Past President and Chairman of AddUp
- Ms. Anthea McIntyre – Member of the European Parliament (ECR, UK)
- Ms. Cora van Nieuwenhuizen – Member of the European Parliament (ALDE, NL)
- Dr. Peter Dröll – Director for Key Enabling Technologies at DG RTD of the European Commission
- Mr. Pascal Boillat – Head at GF Machining Solutions
- Mr. Nikolai Zaepernick – Senior Vice President Central Europe at EOS GmbH
- Mr. Jon Porter – Business Development Manager at Renishaw
- Mr. Ulli Klenk – Principal Key Expert for Additive Manufacturing at Siemens Power and Gas
Moderator: Dr. Ing. Bernhard Langefeld – Partner at Roland Berger
Talent for an additive world: How do we capitalize on Europe’s skilled industrial workforce?
- Ms. Patrizia Toia – Member of the European Parliament (S&D, IT) (tbc)
- Mr. Paul Rubig – Member of the European Parliament (EPP, AT) (tbc)
- Dr. Slawomir Tokarski – Director of Innovation and Advanced manufacturing at DG GROW of the European Commission
- Mr. Marcus Burton – Director – Yamazaki Mazak UK Ltd
Moderator: Mr. Onno Ponfoort – Practice Leader 3D Printing at Berenschot Consulting
Concluding remarks: Mr. Filip Geerts – CECIMO Director General
Registration is free, but places are limited.
Event organised by CECIMO, the European Association of the Machine Tool Industries. Visit www.cecimo.eu
If you have any question on the event or how to register, please contact Ms Giorgia Zia at [email protected]