Conference on AM for Medical Devices to take place in UK
October 1, 2019
The Additive Manufacturing for Medical Devices Conference, organised by IQPC Ltd in partnership with Pharma IQ, is set to take place in London, UK, from December 3–4, 2019. It will be held at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington.
The two-day conference will welcome over eighty medical device manufacturers for a conference programme aimed at addressing the regulatory and technical challenges surrounding AM and advancing its use for all medical devices, including orthopaedic and cranial implants, surgical instruments, dental restorations, external prosthetics and more.
The 2019 Additive Manufacturing for Medical Devices Conference will address the following:
- How to streamline software validations
- Best strategies to interpret global regulations
- Benchmarking Q, OQ, and PQ process against peers to better validate new machines for production
- Changing mindsets and securing senior management buy in for new manufacturing processes
- Effective application of Rapid Prototyping and developing design rules for Additive Manufacturing
Ahead of the conference, Paul Unwin, Chairman of the Additive Manufacturing UK Strategy Steering Group, who will be speaking at Additive Manufacturing for Medical Devices, shared his insights and predictions for 2020 on the main benefits and challenges of using AM to produce medical devices for commercialisation. His six predictions are available to read in his full article which can be downloaded from the conference website.
Further information and registration details are available via the event website.