The ColdMetalFusion Alliance has announced two turnkey solutions for those looking to establish either an Additive Manufacturing production line or bring AM product development and small-series production in-house. Both the CMF JobShop and CMF LabSystem include the necessary machines to produce additively manufactured components from a wide range or metals.
The CMF JobShop is aimed at production centres and machine shops. Offering parts with properties similar to the Metal Injection Moulding process, the solution is compatible with 316L Stainless, Ti6Al4V – grade 5, 17-4PH stainless and M2 tool steel.
The JobShop consists of:
- The HT252P production-level Laser Beam Powder Bed Fusion (PBF-LB) machine from Farsoon, Changsha, China, with a 60 W Co2 laser in a 250 x 250 x 320 mm build envelope.
- A fully automated, closed-loop 50 litre debinding station from LÖMI, Grossotheim, Germany. The machine features integrated solvent debinding, drying and solvent recycling station. It is optimised for CMF binder-component extraction with solvent
- A high-temperature sintering furnace optimised for ColdMetalFusion from Carbolite Gero. The chamber measures 240 x 240 x 400 mm, operates at a maximum temperature of 1600°C and enables 100% hydrogen processing
The CMF LabSystem is intended for fast application and process development. This solution is compatible with 17-4PH stainless, M2 tool steel, H13 tool steel and Inconel 625.
The LabSystem consists of:
- The Sintratec S2 is a modular PBF-LB machine from Sintratec, Brugg, Switzerland, with a cylindrical build space of 160 mm (diameter) x 400 mm (high). The starter cell can be expanded as needed and includes a material handling station for depowdering.
- The 30 litre debinding machine from LÖMI features an integrated solvent debinding and solvent recycling station. It is optimised for CMF binder-component extraction with solvent.
- A tube sintering furnace optimised for ColdMetalFusion is provided by Carbolite Gero. The furnace has two heating zones and is equipped with additional heat shielding. The tube size measures 300 mm (length) x 180 mm (diameter) and operates at a maximum temperature of 1300°C