Wohlers Associates, Inc., Fort Collins, Colorado, USA, has published its Wohlers Report 2020, the twenty-fifth annual installment of its industry-leading report on Additive Manufacturing. The global study reports on the growth, development and future of AM materials, applications, systems, services, design, software, patents, startups, standards, investment and research.
The 380-page report includes a wide-range of information on AM industry growth, including more than 250 examples of AM applications in production or development. It builds upon input from some 129 service providers, 114 manufacturers of industrial Additive Manufacturing systems, and forty producers of third-party materials and desktop AM machines.
The 2020 report documents government-sponsored research and development, collaborations and consortia, and the activities of 139 academic and research institutes around the world. Seventy-nine co-authors and contributors in thirty-three countries provided expert views and opinions in the report.
New and expanded features of Wohlers Report 2020 include:
- Maturing and emerging applications of AM for series production
- Review of AM in the dental industry
- Commentary on seventy-seven early-stage investments valued at $1.1 billion
- Compilation of seventy-two industry partnerships from the past twelve months
- Expert reports from thirty-five countries
- Tables of systems, third-party materials, software tools, and emerging technologies
The report includes forty-two charts and graphs, 168 tables, and 377 images and illustrations, and more than 145 pages of supplemental online content available exclusively to buyers of the report.