VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd (VTT), Tampere, Finland, a facility specialising in powder-based materials technology, now offers a Powder Piloting Service for the design and pilot scale processing of powder-based materials and components.
The service provides users with an easy way to check the feasibility of ideas and innovations in a confidential setting, without large investments in machinery, and covers the whole production chain from raw material synthesis to component performance testing.
VTT claims to be one of the leading research and technology organisations in Europe and has a national mandate in Finland. The centre serves clients in the private and public sectors, both domestically and internationally, and has over 75 years’ experience supporting client growth with top-level research and science-based results.
The organisation’s Powder Piloting Service is focused on the key areas of:
- Cost efficient solutions against wear, corrosion and high temperatures
- Tailoring of material properties to fulfil performance criteria for harsh operating environments
- High-performance components using cost-efficient and sustainable manufacturing
- Tailoring of components to meet high demands and standards
- Graded or locally reinforced structures
- Structures with added functionality such as integrated catalytic or electro-magnetic properties
- Alternative raw materials based solutions
- The utilisation of secondary materials and industrial side-streams
Pilot facilities are available at almost all levels of powder manufacturing, consolidation, post-treatments and characterisation, from gas atomisation and plasma spheroidisation to heat and surface treatments. VTT’s equipment includes Additive Manufacturing, Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP) and Powder Injection Moulding machinery.
For further information, prospective clients are invited to contact Pinomaa Tuomas (Manager, Research Area Sales: [email protected]) or Lindroos Tomi (Research Team Leader, Project Manager: [email protected]).