MAMC 2020 set to take place in Austria this Autumn
August 10, 2020
The fifth Metal Additive Manufacturing Conference (MAMC 2020), organised by the Austrian Society for Metallurgy and Materials (ASMET), will take place in Vienna, Austria, from September 30–October 2, 2020.
The three-day event, which this year focuses on ‘Industrial Perspectives in Additive Technologies’, will explore and discuss the following topics:
- Powder for MAM
- Systems & equipment for MAM
- Additive design & engineering
- Laser Beam Powder Bed Fusion (PBF-LB), Electron Beam Powder Bed Fusion (PBF-EB) & Directed Energy Deposition (DED) processes
- AM process and quality control
- Post-processing of AM parts
- Tools, space and aircraft, automotive, medical and others
- Recent research topics
Gerhard Hackl is the conference chairman, and the scientific committee includes Nader Asnafi, Örebro University; Herbert Danninger, Technical University Vienna; Franz Haas, Technical University Graz; and Jürgen Stampfl, Technical University Vienna.
Keynote speakers include:
- Benedikt BLITZ, managing director, SMR Premium GmbH – High-Value Metals Market Research, Update on The World Market for Metal Powders & Steels
- Dr habil. Wolfgang Hansal, managing director, RENA Technologies Austria GmbH, User-Case: The long way from an innovative idea to a 3D-printed industrially applicable metal part
- Dr Johannes Homa, CEO, Lithoz GmbH, Additive Manufacturing in Austria – Past, Present and Future
- Dr Martina Meisnar, RHEA for ESA, European Space Agency, Materials and Processes Evaluation Engineer, Additive manufacturing at ESA – achievements, lessons learned and the next challenges
- Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dipl.-Wirt.Ing. Johannes Henrich Schleifenbaum, ACAM Aachen Center for Additive Manufacturing, RWTH Aachen University – Digital Additive Production DAP Fraunhofer-Institut für Lasertechnik ILT, Road to success – Cross-domain Innovation in Metal Additive Manufacturing
- Dr Armin Wiedenegger, managing director, voestalpine Additive Manufacturing Center, How can AM tools contribute to reducing the CO2 footprint?
Further information and registration details are available via the event website.