A Special Interest Seminar on metal Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing) will be held during the Euro PM2017 Congress and Exhibition, Milan, Italy, October 1-5, 2017.
Organised by the European Powder Metallurgy Association (EPMA), the annual Euro PM event is Europe’s leading congress and exhibition for the Powder Metallurgy, featuring Additive Manufacturing alongside conventional Powder Metallurgy production technologies and Metal Injection Moulding.
The seminar, titled ‘Developments in Metal AM – Materials and Powder Handling’, will be chaired by Dipl Ing Claus Aumund-Kopp of Fraunhofer IFAM, Germany, and Ralf Calrstrӧm of Hӧganäs AB, Sweden.
Discussions will focus on the industrialisation of metal AM and scheduled presentations include:
- Industrial success thanks to Metal Additive Manufacturing
Dr Maria Averyanova, AddUp, France
- Circular economy concept In Additive Manufacturing
Dipl Ing Joni Reijonen, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Finland
- Building a Swiss watch brand around a 3D printed dial
Philippe Meyer, AIM SA, Switzerland)
- Qualification pathway for Additive Manufacturing – a ship classification society’s approach
Dr Ing Sastry Kandukuri, DNV GL, Norway
- Occupational safety in Additive Manufacturing – today’s solutions and future challenges
Georg Schlick, Fraunhofer IGCV, Germany
- Lessons learnt through the development of an application-specific methodology for metal powder characterization for Additive Manufacturing
Martina Meisnar, European Space Agency, United Kingdom
The AM seminar will be held on the morning of Wednesday, October 4, the final day of Euro PM2017. A wider AM technical programme will run throughout the congress, incorporating both introductory sessions and in-depth studies. More details on these can be found via the congress website.