Additive Manufacturing with Steel Part 1 – course literature available for free
February 5, 2021
The European Powder Metallurgy Association (EPMA) has made available course literature from the recent ‘Additive Manufacturing with Steel Feedstock’ seminar. Organised under the EU-funded SAM project (Sector Skills Strategy in Additive Manufacturing), part one of the video presentations and PDF slides can be downloaded and watched for free.
The presentations provide a thorough introduction to materials with a focus on different types of steel feedstocks for producing AM parts.
The course literature covers the following topics:
- The effects of micro-alloying, relating grain refinement to mechanical properties
- AM conditions for a certain part taking into account the material ability for AM
- Carbon equivalent (CE), t 8/5 concept and preheating temperature
- Hardenability and maximum cooling rate
- Types of heat treatments requirements for a certain part, inferring the heat treatment conditions (depending on the shape and size of the part, the application and the code).
Course Videos (Further videos will follow in Part 2)
Video presentation 1 (Dr Caner Simsir)
Video presentation 2 (Dr Caner Sinsir)
Video presentation 3 (Dr Caner Sinsir)
Video presentation 4 (Dr Caner Sinsir)
Video presentation 5 (Dr Özgür Poyraz)
Full PDF slides can be downloaded from the EPMA