The 6th Additive Manufacturing Forum Berlin is scheduled to take place March 14–15, 2022, in-person and online. The event will consist of a conference – focused on design & simulation, new materials, automation & series production, and post-processing & quality – and an exhibition with over 130 companies showcasing state-of-the-art AM technologies.
The forum is aimed at AM users in the aerospace, automotive, railway, mechanical engineering, construction and agriculture, medical technology, and science industries.
The agenda so far features:
- ‘Innovative AM materials – today, tomorrow & beyond’ with talks from Dr Johannes Homa, founder and CEO, Lithoz GmBH; Prof Dr Mirko Schaper, Head of Department Materials Science, University Paderborn; Jasmin Saewe, Head of Department Laser Powder Bed Fusion, Fraunhofer-Institut für Lasertechnik ILT
- Expert talks from Verena Uhl, Product Manager Additive Manufacturing, pro-beam GmBH & Co. Kgaa; Christian Bay, Geschäftsführer, Forschungsstelle für additive Innovationen, Universität Bayreuth; Gabriele Mäurer, Regional Sales Manager, Yxlon International GmBH; Florian Kunze, Sales Engineer, GOM GmBH; Josef Doleček, CEO & Founder, Fillamentum Manufacturing; Marco Salvisberg, Business Development Manager AM, GF Casting Solutions AG
- Keynotes from Kristel van den Bergh, Director Innovation, Materialise; Dr. Matthias Gieseke, AM Materials Scientist, Baker Hughes; Dr Karsten Heuser, VP Additive Manufacturing, Siemens Digital industries; René Kreissl, Head of Business Unit AM, Trumpf Laser- and Systemtechnik GmbH, and Dr. Wolfgang Hansal, Managing Director, RENA Technologies Austria GmbH
- Tracks from Mirek Classen, Head of Innovation and Generative Design Applications, BigRep GmBH; Dr Uwe Jurdeczka, Group Manager Innovative Production Technologies, Alstom Transport Deutschland GmBH; and Tom Friedenberger International Key Account Manager, AZO GmBH + Co. KG., and Dr Tim Wischeropp, Head of Division AM Design, Fraunhofer IAPT
- A science symposium featuring Prof. Dr. Hans-Joachim Schmid, Head of Institute for Additive Fabrication PIAF, University Paderborn; Christian Schumacher, Head of Development, Design, Additive Manufacturing, RPT Rapid Prototyping Technologie GmbH; Dr Maximilian Kunkel, Senior Key Expert AM Technologies, Siemens Mobility GmbH; and Matthias Schmitt, Group Leader in Additive Manufacturing, Fraunhofer IGCV
- Panel discussions on the AM needs of European railways, AM’s place in the spare parts business
Further information, including how to become an exhibitor, sponsor or purchase tickets, is available through the event’s website.