July 2, 2019 to July 3, 2019
LPW Technology, Widnes, United Kingdom
A guide through the critical aspects of powder management for metal and plastics powder-based Additive Manufacturing processing. This course is organised by the Wolfson Centre for Bulk Solids Handling Technology in conjunction with LPW Technology, the Fraunhofer IFAM Institute, Bremen and the Knowledge Transfer Network (AM section).
Course topics include:
- Powder recycling and quality issues;
- Contamination and oxidation issues;
- Standards for AM powders;
- Flow behaviour and characterisation of powders;
- Introduction to the handling processes – pneumatic conveying systems, screw feeders, hoppers and silo storage and discharge;
Course Fees: £520 for one day basic introduction / £825 for 2 day in depth course featuring quality considerations.
Full course details and on-line registration can be found at http://www.gre.ac.uk/engsci/research/groups/wolfsoncentre/coupro/sc/am