October 10, 2018 to October 11, 2018
Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Industrialization, Applications, Business Models
Additive Manufacturing is a very promising technology. It has the potential to become a central building block in the future of our industry. In order to develop it further, we need concepts from business and research. With the inauguration of the Oerlikon Additive Manufacturing Innovation and Research Center in Munich as well as the establishment of the Research Institute for Additive Manufacturing at the Technical University of Munich, we support this development.
At the 1st Munich Technology Conference, we will discuss the future of Additive Manufacturing together with a select group of senior industry leaders, academic visionaries and political supporters. We will look at the challenges as well as at the potential along the value chain from design and engineering, to materials, the printing and the post-processing. Pioneering practitioners will show how the technology drives productivity increases.
Topics of discussion
At the conference, leading experts from the corporate, academic and political sectors will discuss key trends and developments in AM.
- What are the most exciting AM applications in different industries?
- How will AM change industry business models in the next 10 years?
- What does it take for the breakthrough of AM as serious serial production technology?
- How can we drive the industrialization of AM?
- How can public–private partnerships accelerate AM as a mainstream manufacturing technology?
- How can technology support manufacturing in developed countries?