Across the world, a new wave of aerospace engineers are designing and building the next generation of aero engines and systems around the revolutionary capabilities of Additive Manufacturing. Twenty years ago this was a vision, but today it is a reality. From fuel nozzles to Stage 5 and Stage 6 low pressure turbine (LPT) blades, housings to structural elements, in this article Metal AM magazine’s Technical Consultant Martin McMahon reviews the progress that has been made, shining a light on selected applications that offer insight to those in the aerospace industry who want to get up to speed with progress. ... Read more »
SLM Solutions Group AG, Lübeck, Germany, has announced the sale of a further two quad-laser SLM®500s to Rolls-Royce. Rolls-Royce will be using the AM systems for the manufacturing of aero engine ... Read more »
In the latest issue of Metal AM magazine
Extensive AM industry news coverage, as well as the following exclusive deep-dive articles:
- The GRCop story: The development, production and Additive Manufacturing of NASA’s rocket engine alloys
- Formnext 2023: Innovations in metal Additive Manufacturing from the industry’s leading international exhibition
- Cybersecurity in Additive Manufacturing: Securing the industry’s future
- Additive Manufacturing in the jewellery industry: exploring the potential of platinum and titanium
- Mission possible: The five-year plan to gain FAA and EASA acceptance of in-process monitoring
The world of metal AM to your inbox
Don't miss any new issue of Metal AM magazine, and get the latest industry news. Sign up to our twice weekly newsletter.
News from the industry…
News from the industry…
Browse news by category
Discover our magazine archive…
The free to access Metal Additive Manufacturing magazine archive offers unparalleled insight into the world of metal Additive Manufacturing from a commercial and technological perspective through:
- Reports on visits to leading metal AM part manufacturers and industry suppliers
- Articles on technology and application trends
- Information on materials developments
- Reviews of key technical presentations from the international conference circuit
- International industry news
All past issues are available to download as free PDFs or view in your browser.
|Browse the archive
Looking for AM machines, metal powders or part manufacturing services?
Discover suppliers of these and more in our comprehensive advertisers’ index and buyer’s guide, available in the back of Metal AM magazine.
- AM machines
- Process monitoring & calibration
- Heat treatment & sintering
- HIP systems & services
- Pre- & post-processing technology
- Powders, powder production and analysis
- Part manufacturers
- Consulting, training & market data